Monday, October 4, 2010

Things I would like to share on this blog...

It has taken me a bit of time to get this blog off of the ground. I had these great aspirations of including photos of every single student's work, labeled and cataloged to perfection. Ah, but I didn't think about HOW many students I actually have (the entire school!) and how difficult it would be to take photos of all their work separately and at the same time, get them graded and hung up. When all my students' work was put up on the walls of our school, I began photographing their work. After this I realized that, although I can recognize most of the student's work, I do not have a photographic memory. Therefore, any ideas of putting the student's name with their work on this blog was out of the question (their names were on the back!). But, I really don't feel comfortable putting a child's name up on the internet (unless of course, it was just their initials). So, my intentions now are to get as much work photographed as possible and put up here. Sometimes I will take a photo that includes several works of art from a particular grade. In addition, I will take some photos of individual pieces. I will also be posting some other things on the blog, such as;
  • art websites that may be of interest to you or your student
  • subjects of interest that we've discussed in class
  • "Why Art Matters!" (a list that each of my art classes have contributed to during the first couple weeks of school)
  • explanations of projects and their rationales
  • miscellaneous!

No comments:

Post a Comment