Friday, August 20, 2010

Classroom Procedures

ENTERING THE ROOM
  • ALWAYS enter the art room in a quiet, respectful manner
  • Take your seat and start on your “bellwork” or agenda at the beginning of each class
  • If you aren’t in the seat when class begins, you will be marked with a tardy
COMING TO CLASS TARDY
  • Coming to class tardy will result in a Minor Incident Report
  • Sign your name and time of tardy on the sign in sheet by the door


SEEKING MY HELP
  • Shouting out questions or answers in the art room is never an acceptable means to get my attention.
  • If I am in the middle of a lesson, please save your questions until the lesson is complete.
  • Always raise your hand! Don’t shout out! This is not an option!!
  • I move around the room often. I WILL get to you. If I nod at you, that means I know you need me and I will be helping you soon.
  • I CANNOT help every student at the same time. Be Patient, grasshoppers!
SIGNALS TO BECOME QUIET
  • If I raise my hand up in the air (give me five)
  • If I ring a bell
  • If I stand in front of the classroom
You should then;
  • Stop what you are doing
  • Sit in your seat if you aren’t already
  • Stop talking
  • Look to me for instructions
DISMISSAL FROM CLASS
  • First, you will be dismissed by table. You must be standing behind your seat in order for your table to be dismissed.
  • You will line up by the door. Never leave the room until I have dismissed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment